Dear All, I just want to know that whether E series in kinetis supports IEC60730 Class B or not?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear All, I just want to know that whether E series in kinetis supports IEC60730 Class B or not?

lavakushreddy
Contributor II

I just want to know that whether E series in kinetis
supports IEC60730 Class B or not?
Because somewhere on the website i read that S08, Kinetis and DSC supports the
safe standards i.e. IEC60730.

Not sure whether all the series in kinetis supports it or it
is limited to some particular series in kinetis.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lavakush,

we have a library IEC60730B which cover Kinetis K, L, M and W series, exactly the tests are focused on CPU core registers, FLASH memory, RAM memory and watchdog. You can use the three part of the tests for Kinetis E series only without watchdog test which is not certified yet. Kinetis E with other families will be added to the library in next months.

Best regards,

IEC60730 library developer,

Pavel Krenek

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, lavakush reddy

Kinetis E series supports IEC60730 Class B.

Hope my reply can help you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

lavakushreddy
Contributor II

Hi Paul, Thanx for your quick response. One more thing if you could provide us the path to download the IEC60730 library that will help us a lot,

and what all Self Test Library Functions are provided in this library.

Regards,

Lavakush

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Lavakush

Please find IEC60730 library from link below.

APIEC60730: IEC 60730 Safety Standard for Household Appliances

You can find IEC60730B_KINETIS_SAFTY_HOUS-ROU : IEC60730B Kinetis Safety Household routines in this TAB page.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

lavakushreddy
Contributor II

Hi Tian,

Couple of questions on IEC60730 library provided by freescale.

1)There is no system clock test provided in  IEC60730 library (can watchdog test ensure the system clock malfunctioning ),and how accurate is the watchdog test.

2)Any internal reference voltage available for adc test, if not additional adc channel has to be used for adc test ??

3)How I/O periphery fault conditions are verified

As these tests are necessary for class-B compliant:smileysad:

Regards,

lavakush

0 Kudos

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

answers:

1.Clock test usually use the watchdog module. Library does not include system clock test.Watchdog test cannot be used for system clock testing. What do you mean by accurate of the watchdog test ? In this test are tested both two bytes of the counter separately.

2. You can use internal band gap reference.

3. I/O peripheral fault test is not implemented in the library

Yes all these tests are necessary for class-B certification, but this is only routines which was written according to class B requirements and if you will do complete application which have to be class B compliant you have to certified all application completely. This safety routines should help to realize this easier.

Best regards,

Pavel

lavakushreddy
Contributor II

Hi Pavel

For class-b certification clock test is compulsory.

My question is , can watchdog test ensures the system clock functionality.

Because the library provided by Freescale contains watchdog test not clock test.

Regards

Lavakush

0 Kudos

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Watchdog test does not ensure system clock functionality yet. The latest revision of the library include only watchdog tests for K L M, but the next revision will include also the system clock functionality test and the complete set of the routines for Kinetis E series.

Best regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos