Couldnot see the identifier field and data present during LIN transmission

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldnot see the identifier field and data present during LIN transmission

jananisubraveti
Contributor II

I am doing LIN transmission between CANUSB  as master and KEA64 which is slave. I debugged the UART connecting it to CRO for watching the LIN transmission. Though the identifier field is not empty, I could not see the identifier and also data transmitted from master to slave and also how can i send the data from slave to master in return? What does the following pictures meant and these are the measured ones on CRO. . Rx is the UART bus listening to both master and slave.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jananisubraveti,

I don't what the data and ID you are sending to the LIN slave.

Actually, in the master publish mode, break filed+sync field+ID+ datas+checksum, all the data are sent by the LIN master.

In the master subscriber mode,  break filed+sync field+ID is sent by the master, the data and check sum is sent by the slave.

The LIN frame just like this picture:

pastedImage_3.png

You can refer to my post about the LIN slave understand the frame:

KL series LIN slave simply usage sharing 

From your picture, It seems your master configuration still have problem, I don't know what the data mode your master have sent.

My post also use the CANUSB to send the LIN frame, you can see my send data, and the oscilloscope wave, it is correct. You also can send the publish frame:

Break field+sync filed(0X55)+0X2D(Protected ID 0xEC) +0X01(data0)+0x02(data2)+0x03(data3)+0x4c(checksum)

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

So, now, I think if you can't find the ID from the LIN bus, the problem is caused by your master, you need to check your master configuration.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos