cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting KE06Z to KEA128 Family

Jump to solution
codyhubman
Contributor III

So we were not able to find a preset chip setting kit for the KEA128. We have everything setup in the KE06z and have built all the drivers and inits manually. 

An issue I came across was that the chip setting we were using was actually KE04z. Because it lacked the ram we thought it had it eventually created memory issues but this was the only problem we found from using the chip setup of a KE04 on a KE06. 

So for the question... We have determined that all the modules and pinouts for the KEA128 (as far as what we found) are identical to the KE06z modules/pinouts. Because there is not a preset chip settings for the KEA in KDS or even MCUXpresso we were wondering if it is possible to use the KE06z file that we have already built and upload the code the the KEA. ASSUMING the memory mapping is the same, would there be an issue with this? We were going to try to order a chip and give it a shot anyways but figured it wouldn't hurt to consult for some advice on here first. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

No problem. KE06 and KEA128 share same hardware design. You can use KE06 project directly.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

No problem. KE06 and KEA128 share same hardware design. You can use KE06 project directly.

Regards,

Jing

codyhubman
Contributor III

So I wanted to reply after I got the chip installed and tested some of it. We upgraded from the 44 pin KE06z package to the KE06z 64 pin. Then after verifying that our code worked for the 64 pin we replaced the processor with the KEAZ128 and launched the code. Sure enough it is operating (so far) Identically to the KE06z. I'll report back if anything changes but as of the moment we are good and you're correct. Thank you!

0 Kudos