cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open .mex file on new version of MCUXpresso

LArmstrong1985
Contributor III

Hi,

I open project create with MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12] on new version

MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.1 [Build 4149] [2020-10-07].

All works well except for .mex file that does not open correctly in the new version (blank screen).

Why? What can I do to avoid having to recreate the .mex file from scratch?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

Thanks a lot @ErichStyger .After you use Configure Tools,it will generate .mex file.And all its settings were stored in the source files. When you open the project ,it will read the information from the sources and the .mex will be recreated.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @LArmstrong1985 ,

The .mex file is kind of redundant: all its settings get stored in the source files too in YAML format.

So you can simply delete the .mex and start the pins tool: it will read the information from the sources and the .mex will be recreated.

The .mex is useful if you don't want to send the sources files to someone else, if you just want to send the settings.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

LArmstrong1985
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

good news!

Thank you very much!