Can i use USB-KW41Z to *send* zigbee packets from a .pcap (wireshark) file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

larryenglish
Contributor I

I assume I'd use the Kinetix Protocol Adapter to set the ZB channel.

Can it send as well as receive?

thx

wle

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you but unfortunately it is not possible. Wireshark is just a packet analyzer and it displays hex data as it comes from the interface adapter and it doesn't have the means to tell the sniffer to send data from its capture; also, the sniffer’s configuration it’s set just in RX mode, so it won’t send any data, it will only receive.

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

larryenglish
Contributor I

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you but unfortunately it is not possible. Wireshark is just a packet analyzer and it displays hex data as it comes from the interface adapter and it doesn't have the means to tell the sniffer to send data from its capture; also, the sniffer’s configuration it’s set just in RX mode, so it won’t send any data, it will only receive.

---I am using a PC downloaded app called “PacketSender” to send the packets (or try to send them)

It takes as input, the .pcap file from the sniffer

When i start PacketSender, it says “tell me what interface to send the packets on”

And Kinetix adapter is one of the choices

I choose that, but it still does not send anything.

I think the problem is this:” the sniffer’s configuration it’s set just in RX mode”

Also possibly the driver is not built to send data the other direction.

Thanks

Wle

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

If what you want it's to send packets with the USB-KW41 you could try to load a different program to it form the ones available inf the MCUXpresso SDK for that board, nonetheless, if you use the sniffer program I'm afraid you won't be able to send packets. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos