Can a KBOOT flash application placed on external storage to K22F controllers internal storage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a KBOOT flash application placed on external storage to K22F controllers internal storage?

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on K22FN512VVL12 chip. We are planning to load application image to external flash memory. Now we want to update internal flash memory using bootloader.

Can we add this feature in a bootloader? Do we have any drivers available to access external flash data (Over SPI)?

On similar lines, do we have a feature of adding scripts (set of commands) to the default bootloader. if yes, how do we do that?

Thanks,
Swapnil

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swapnil,

Even have had a look through the statement above, I'm still not very clear with your purpose.

Do you want to replace the Kboot code at the external SPI flash instead of the internal flash to update the application code which is located int the internal memory?

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Hi Ping,

We are planning to load application to external flash storage. while application is running. We want replace current application ( which is still executing) with one loaded on external flash interfaced on SPI channel.

Now the query is, as mentioned in bootloader sequence, it checks for special character on every interface channel to identify firmware download request. Like wise can I customize my boot loader to add a routine to check external flash and the burn it on internal application location.
To do this can  I utilize/refer  KSDK 2.0 flash example code ?

I hope the query is clear now. Please let me know in case you need any other details.

Thanks and Regards,

Swapnil Pendhare.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swapnil Pendhare,

Thanks for your reply.

For my understanding, you want to have an customize flash-resident bootloader which can receive image file through some peripherals, then stores the image file to the external flash and the stored image can be used to update the current application in the future.

To achieve it, you need to add the new feature to the KBOOT to store the received image file to the the external flash, another feature is identifying the firmware updating request, then update the current application by using the stored image file.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!