Can MDK5 generate hex files in S19 format?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MDK5 generate hex files in S19 format?

Jump to solution
xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

Can MDK5 generate hex files in S19 format?And how to generate?(the mcu is the keaz128)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In Project->Options->user->After Build, please add (fromelf.exe --m32combined  --output  "$L@L.srec"  "#L") in Run #1.

This will create .srec file. It's format is same as .s19.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The only doc I can see is Getting_start_with_MCUXpresso_SDK.pdf. But there is also lack of details about MDK. If you have questions, you can search in community or ask here, or ask KEIL technical support.

You mean you want to use MDK soft simulator? I think it only can simulate core register and function. It's hard to simulate full chip. Please ask KEIL technical support for detail.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

Than's ok,I will ask here later,thank you!

Yes I want use the MDK's soft simulator,Have you ever use this function? Does it Can run normally except the full chip?

Does the cw10 can simulate the fullchip?

What is the attitude of the NXP about the MDK?

why there only a few docs about the MDK?

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. Yes I want use the MDK's soft simulator,Have you ever use this function? Does it Can run normally except the full chip?

No, if you have develop board, you needn't this function. It's function is only to check core function and pure software logic.

2.Does the cw10 can simulate the fullchip?

No

3.What is the attitude of the NXP about the MDK? why there only a few docs about the MDK?

MDK is a popular and esay to use tool. But it's not developed by NXP. If the question is about MDK's detail, you'd better ask KEIL's technical support.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

ok,thank you cery much!

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In Project->Options->user->After Build, please add (fromelf.exe --m32combined  --output  "$L@L.srec"  "#L") in Run #1.

This will create .srec file. It's format is same as .s19.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I have added the cotent as you said.But I found the created file was  s3 and s7.Do not the normal s1/s2 or s9.Why?

And I have another question,how can I add or modify the flash.ld file in the MDK5? thank yoy!

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

That's not a problem. They all belong to s-rec format. Tools can recognize them.

MDK does not use .ld file. It us .scf file as link file. You can check and modify it in Options->Linker->Scatter File

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

Thanks,If there are some datesheets whitch are used to desrcibe the KEAZ128's usage under the MDK5?Then I can search the datesheets and solve my problem by myself.

And here have another problem:How to use the simulator function normally in the MDK5?When I set the Debug option as simulator,it can not run normally? I think there are some settings be setted wrongly,But I do not know how to set?

Look forward to your reply.Thank you!

0 Kudos