Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN basic exmaples.

Jump to solution
omarzamacona
Contributor II

Hello all,

I´m pretty new on the embedded programming systems world, I have some experience on C language.

The thing is that, I´m looking some examples/guides/tutorials of how to create a basic program (send/receive messages) for CAN Network in Codewarrior.

Do you know if exist anything like that?

I´m using a TRK KEA -128 Freescale board. MCU: PKEAZ128MLK.

- CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.6.4

Build Id:150416

Thanks in advanced.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello omar,

- I recommend you first be familiar with the CW(CodeWarrior) , you can refer to the DOC of ""Quick_Start_for_Microcontrollers.pdf".

- About the CAN demo , you can create one PE project on CW, about the PE project , when you create project, please select the Processor Expert"

pastedImage_0.png

then add "CAN_LDD" component, then right click the component, select the "Help on component", there is can demo you can directly refer to :

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

-And there is many DOC under the CW install drectory , you can refer to at here :

Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
omarzamacona
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Just to say thank you for your help.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

omar, welcome !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello omar,

- I recommend you first be familiar with the CW(CodeWarrior) , you can refer to the DOC of ""Quick_Start_for_Microcontrollers.pdf".

- About the CAN demo , you can create one PE project on CW, about the PE project , when you create project, please select the Processor Expert"

pastedImage_0.png

then add "CAN_LDD" component, then right click the component, select the "Help on component", there is can demo you can directly refer to :

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

-And there is many DOC under the CW install drectory , you can refer to at here :

Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
omarzamacona
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Looks very nice, thanks!

Do you know how or why I can´t access to the full Library in Processor Expert?

I want to add a KBI component but I not able to do it. In fact KBI component is not listed. and when I used the examples included on the KEA kit (CD-ROM) these "hidden" components are visible, why?

Regards!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello omar,

Do you mean this one

pastedImage_0.png

if not , please take a screenshot about that component to me .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
omarzamacona
Contributor II

Hello Alice.

I´m thinking, maybe, the problem could be at the time when the project is created. I´m not sure why I can´t see the full library as in the CD-ROM example, one of the components that I can´t see is the KBI (just "KBI"). Please see the image attached. Thanks!

PE-ComponentsNOTincluded.jpg

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello omar,

When you click the button of  this pastedImage_0.png, it will show all of the components , also the "KBI"

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

While this is meaning all of the components for all of the chips , not only for the KEA128, while the KBI component

can not used on KEA128 chip, and this button pastedImage_4.pngis used show the components available for the chip we used(when it

is pressed  ).

pastedImage_5.png

Hope it helps

Alice