Any Kinetis MCU with floating-point unit available ?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Any Kinetis MCU with floating-point unit available ?

3,644件の閲覧回数
rsun
Contributor I

I'm playing with a TWR-K60N512-Kit, which is pretty cool. However, the chip on the board, MK60N512VMD100 doesn't have the optional floating-point unit. I searched the Freescale website, but didn't find the MK60X512 or MK60N1M0 parts that do have FPU.

Is there any Kinetis family MCU available now that has a on-chip FPU? If yes, what's the part number, and is there any development kit/board for it?

Thanks,

-Robby

0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)

1,828件の閲覧回数
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hi Robby,

All chips with Cortex-M4 core have on-chip DSP and single precision FPU, see http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=K60&tid=mKhp.

Emmanuel

0 件の賞賛

1,828件の閲覧回数
rsun
Contributor I

Thanks Emmanuel, but the floating-point unit is optional. That means not all Cortex-M4 based chips have an FPU. In fact, the one I'm using doesn't have one.

If you look at the Kinetis K60 Family Factsheet, you'll see that only MK60X512 and MK60N1M0 have FPU. My question is whether these parts are available. Searching by these part numbers doesn't show anything.

-Robby

0 件の賞賛

1,828件の閲覧回数
shaf
Contributor I

Any news about availability of Kinetis K60 with FPU.

Thanks.

0 件の賞賛

1,828件の閲覧回数
SSIeng
Contributor I

I have spoken to several distributors and people within Freescale and the latest information I got (as of last week) was that the FPU versions won't be available until around October.  I hear that TI is going to announce some Cortex M4 processors soon, maybe they will have some with the FPU to sample sooner (but prolly not).

0 件の賞賛

1,828件の閲覧回数
JWW
Contributor V

All:

Just to help with the searching... You can not order or get the M4 with float just yet.  As already indicated in a previous post, this will come later this year.  But wanted the community to know it is not on the website yet.

The product brief is correct and the flavors indicated will be provided and those customers that are using the Tower system today will be able to change CPU cards and use the new "float" enabled kinetis parts with their current hardware expansion Tower cards.

Hope this helps.

JWW