A new FRDM-KL25Z can't use KL25Z USB to program, and can't find USB device at PC device manager.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new FRDM-KL25Z can't use KL25Z USB to program, and can't find USB device at PC device manager.

maxliu
Contributor I

Hi,
I have the FRDM-KL25Z & KITPF3000FRDMPGM board and I use KL25Z USB(not the openSDA) to program PF3000(MC32PF3000A0EP).
But now it can't work. I think it is firmware wrong with the FRDM-KL25Z board.
I buy a new kit of FRDM-KL25Z & KITPF3000FRDMPGM board again, but they can't work too.
when I try to connect the board to the computer, the computer does not seem to detect the board as it does in the openSDA usb conector.
Is it a problem of the KL25Z USB connector?
how can I make my computer detect and recognize the board?
I can connect to the board using the PnE micro Multilink debugger if it can help.
I can see a USB-UART device at device manager, but it can't change to USB-HID device.
If it can found, can see HID-compliant device at device manager, and if launch PF3000_HID_GUI, can see Vendor ID&Part ID.
Vendor ID:0x15A2,Part ID:0x00F7
But it can't find HID-compliant device at device manager.
How can I do for FRDM-KL25Z to make KL25Z USB to program PF3000?
Thanks in advance,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Max,

From PF3000.jpg, looks like the GUI had already found the KL25Z board, so the firmware in KL25Z should already work, right? Please kindly refer to PF3000 PROGRAMMING OTP|NXP  for details on how to program the board.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos