cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does KDS window hang when trying to configure the P&Emicro debug

mikegreen
Contributor II

howdy y'all,

i've running Ubuntu 10LTS.  i have a K60 tower to use as the learning platform for this KDS.   the KDS seems to hang when i choose to configure the debug for P&E micro.  i get a spinning ball, that's all. i've tested the OPENOCD and SEGGAR.  they seem to work fine from a configuration stand point.

the KDS has the following message that comes out of the terminal used to start the application.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier com.processorexpert.cdt.gcc.toolchain.builder in the builder com.processorexpert.cdt.gcc.toolchain.debug.builder.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the superClass identifier com.processorexpert.cdt.gcc.toolchain.builder in the builder com.processorexpert.cdt.gcc.toolchain.release.builder.

these are the only clues i've got at this point.  if there any wisdom to bring to bear at this point?

thanks

mgreen

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just another thought: I know that the interface tries to probe if there are any local network debug devices (e.g. Cylcone Pro, etc). Could it be that your system/firewall blocks these? Can you try to disable the firewall (this at least sometimes is a problem under other operating systems).

Erich

mikegreen
Contributor II

sudo ufw status

no firewall turned on.

thanks

Mike Green

Engineer

(281) 240-7233 x620

mikegreen
Contributor II

howdy Erich,

sorry i haven't gotten back with you before this time. i will verify my ubuntu 10 LTS firewall settings. the eclipse IDE has to be killed by external signal. i'm not sure a screen shot you requested in the last email will help. i have tried this KDS under a window's 7 virtual client and it works fine. i will use this environment for the time being, but hope i can get the linux working in the near future.

thanks

Mike Green

Engineer

(281) 240-7233 x620

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

could you post a screenshot or any other useful information to nail this one down? In the mean time, I get P&E involved.

Erich

0 Kudos