"attach" mode doesn't work correctly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"attach" mode doesn't work correctly

Salva
Contributor II

Hi to all, I'm using KDS 3.2.0, SDK 1.3.0 and P&E Multilink on a proprietary K64 board.

There is no problem at all to debug if I burn the flash: everything's OK.

I've got a problem into "attach" mode:

It correctly attach to my application (still running) and I can pause it, see registers, memory and so on,

but when I try to step and/or "run" the system very often jump to some kind of exception. It breaks into this endless loop:

DefaultISR: b DefaultISR

Of course the watch-dog is disabled.... and there isn't any external reset.

In the attach mode also the "restart button" doesn't work at all: it doesn't change the PC. Please note that it works correctly when I debug burning the flash !!!

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Have you test one simple project under KSDK1.3 ? For example one "hello world " project.

And could you please take a screenshot about the "attach" on KDS and how do you used it?

I will refer to your steps to reproduce it .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Salva
Contributor II

Hello Alice, I think it is a problem on every 'attach': it works in your PC ? Are you using Multilink ?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Salvatore,

I have not fund the Attach function on KDS, so could you please take a screenshot for me ,

then i can test it on my side .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Salva
Contributor II

here you are. Thanks

SDK Attach.jpg

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Salvatore,

I test it on my side , it can work well.First i install the GPIO demo under KSDK1.3 : KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\gpio ,

then  run it , then create one simple project about k64 , then attach it as this :

pastedImage_0.png

after it , the LED is also can light , also can check the register on KDS:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Salva
Contributor II

Hi Alice and thanks for your answer. I can also see the code put breakpoints and running it !!

My problem is when I RESET (restart) the running code and/or pausing and then I stepping or running the code.

Reset doesn't work (it does not modify the PC register !!!) and very often it hangs (i.e. the K64 is generating an exception) and I have to go out from emulation, reset (hw) the CPU and then reload it again (this make the ATTACH unusable).

Please note that EVERYTHING works correctly if I 'burn' the flash (i.e. if I do NOT attach).

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Salvatore,

From the "Attach" of CW, it said does not support the reset function , so in the KDS,

i think it also do not support it .

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos