"Error in services launch sequence Starting J-Link GDB Server timed out." - Debugging using Kinetic Design Studio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error in services launch sequence Starting J-Link GDB Server timed out." - Debugging using Kinetic Design Studio

Jump to solution
vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Freescale micro controllers. I am planning to use FreeScale Kinetis controllers in our product (commercial). I am graduate from the university. I might ask few silly questions but please bear with me.

I am using FRDM-K22F board, which has MK22FN512VLH12 MCU - 120 MHz, 512 KB flash memory, 128 KB RAM. I installed KDS and KSDK on my machine. I am running Windows 8-64 bit version. I have installed Jlink Segger firmware for OpenSDA so that I can debug.

When I build the code, everything works fine and the code gets built properly. When I try to enter debug mode, few times, things work fine and I successfully enter debug mode. But few times i get error -

" Error in services launch sequence

Starting J-Link GDB Server timed out. "

I have attached the image of the error. I have no clue why this error is coming. Please help me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishal,

there is a timeout value you can use for launing the GDB server:

pastedImage_0.png

Please try to increase that zero value e.g. to 10, 100 or higher (I believe it it is in ms).

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishal,

there is a timeout value you can use for launing the GDB server:

pastedImage_0.png

Please try to increase that zero value e.g. to 10, 100 or higher (I believe it it is in ms).

I hope this helps,

Erich

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vishal,

(1) Please check whether here configure right :

pastedImage_0.png

(2) Plea create a simple project on KDS ,then debug , have a test , check whether it can work well .

Have a great day,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

1. I have the setting as you mention it.

2. I have a very simple project just to toggle LED on the board.

I moved from Jlink Segger debugger to PEMicro debug interface and things work fine with this completely.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishal,

When you connect the board , please check the "Device Manager" , whether there have this :

pastedImage_0.png

If have not , please enter bootloader mode , then drag and paste the Jlink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin into it .

0 Kudos
vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Please see the post carefully. Sometimes I enter debug mode and everything works fine. I get this error only few times. So its not prob with JLINK.

0 Kudos