cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

objcopy options for header KDS MK10

kappa74
Contributor IV

Good morning,

I use KDS1.1.1 for micro K10. I created a compilation profile for updating my software using the bootloader.

In the Toolchain I checked "Create flash image" and in "Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image" I select Motorola S-record with option --srec-len=80 --srec-forceS3.

The file created starts with:

"S01300004652493350525F626F6F742E7372656348"

but is not recognized by the bootloader. To solve it, I need that the first line is: "S0030000FC"

Is there any option in objcopy for KDS to remove the comment in the first line of the Motorola file, to get "S0030000FC"?

Thank you

Regards

Mirko

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Erich wrote article on objcopy related, can you please check if it can help you?

S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SRecord tool can be used for all kind of binary file (and S-Record) manipulations, including CRC generation (CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse )

Erich

0 Kudos

rolandmk
Contributor II

I ran into the same problem. After calling objcopy to convert the ELF/COFF file into a S-Record I use the tool 'srec_cat' to remove the header:

srec_cat FileNameWithHeader.srec -o FileNameWithOutHeader.srec -header=""

0 Kudos