kds 3.2 ksdk 1.2 running demos on my board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kds 3.2 ksdk 1.2 running demos on my board

netstv73
Contributor III

I want to run the demo app on the board we built here.  I thought all I'd need to do is "import" the project, but the projects don't show up in KDS...

So here is exactly what I do....

MacOSX 10.12.6 Sierra

KDS 3.2 

KSDK 1.2

MK24FN1M0VDC12

Start KDS with the KSDK_PATH set to /Library/Freescale/KSDK_1.2.0

Create a new workspace

File->New->Kinetis SDK 1.x Project and I can create a new project etc... but I want to import the existing project that exists in the .cproject file.

I right click on the Project Explorer and say Import...

And I migrate over to the demo directory I want to import

/Library/Freescale/KSDK_1.2.0/examples/twrk24f120m/demo_apps/power_manager_hal_demo/kds

and I don't see any projects show up.

How do I get the project to show up?

Thanks.

-stv

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Steve,

From your description, the KDS importer doesn't work normally.

there are some possible reasons:

1. your KDS install is damaged. you can test the importer with importing another non-ksdk project, see how it works. try uninstall KDS and reinstall it, test if the new installed kds importer can work normal.

2. problem with your workspace config. to verify it, create a NEW workspace and import project with it, see how it works.

3. you use MacOSX 10.12.6 Sierra, but KDS official supported MAC OS is "Mac OS X (10.10 and 10.11) with SEGGER J-Link support", see statement here:

Kinetis® Design Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

I am not sure if the problem is because of the version compatibility issue. I highly suggest you use the platform we recommend.

Besides, to work with KSDK 1.2 or 1.3 demo code, i suggest you import the wsd file instead .project.

.wsd is a project set, it will open both project and the related library you need recompile. see attached video of how to use it.

after you open the lib and project in IDE, you need recompile lib first then compile project.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

netstv73
Contributor III

worked with working sets.  Thanks... nice video!  Liked it very much!!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos