Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create MQX project in KDS

Jump to solution
tuowang
Contributor II

Hi,

I'd like to write some MQX application code in KDS 1.1.1. But I am having trouble creating a new MQX project in KDS. In CodeWarrior, I can create a MQX by File->New->MQX 4.1 Project, but I didn't find this option in KDS. What I am doing now is to import sample MQX projects and modify the project, which I find very inconvenient. Is there a way to create MQX project in KDS? Please advise.

Thank you!

Tuo

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tuo and Arthur ,

Official support of KDS in MQX is planned in MQX 4.2 & MQX 5.0 coming later this year. 

At that time MQX plug-ins for KDS (e.g. Task Aware Debug & New Project Wizard) will be available.  Also, MQX project files for all libraries and examples will be available for KDS. 

And now ,

Create MQX project on KDS , you can refer to :

1. Copy from the example folder a MQX project (i.e. C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello) and paste in any other folder.
  2. I remove the projects I don't need for other toolchains or other boards.
  3. Open for editing the .cproject with any text editor

4. first, search ''MQX_ROOT_DIR'' , and change the only first one,   change   <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..">     to  <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"> ;

second, search       ${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..        and change all of to   ${MQX_ROOT_DIR}

5.Save the changes

6. Import the project into KDS and build. You should build without errors.

7.Change the project name if you want and now you have a MQX Template project that you can copy&paste any times and add the new sources.

Best Regards,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
yarannan
Contributor III

So I created a mqx project on KDS and added all libraries, when i built it. It thew me an error:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K60D10/Debug/libksdk_platform_mqx.a', needed by `mqx_tutorial.elf'.  Stop.mqx_tutorialC/C++ Problem

I checked the folder and it doesnt contain the file. Does anybody know what happened?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yaran,

Do you want to use the mqx of KSDK ?

If yes,  you need build the two lib :

pastedImage_0.png

and if you want to create KSDK-PE project ,  directly create KSDK project , then add the MQX component .

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Hello Tuo,

I found this MQX with KSDK and Processor Expert lately.

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
tuowang
Contributor II

Hello Piotr,

Thanks for sharing!

Tuo

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tuo and Arthur ,

Official support of KDS in MQX is planned in MQX 4.2 & MQX 5.0 coming later this year. 

At that time MQX plug-ins for KDS (e.g. Task Aware Debug & New Project Wizard) will be available.  Also, MQX project files for all libraries and examples will be available for KDS. 

And now ,

Create MQX project on KDS , you can refer to :

1. Copy from the example folder a MQX project (i.e. C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello) and paste in any other folder.
  2. I remove the projects I don't need for other toolchains or other boards.
  3. Open for editing the .cproject with any text editor

4. first, search ''MQX_ROOT_DIR'' , and change the only first one,   change   <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..">     to  <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"> ;

second, search       ${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..        and change all of to   ${MQX_ROOT_DIR}

5.Save the changes

6. Import the project into KDS and build. You should build without errors.

7.Change the project name if you want and now you have a MQX Template project that you can copy&paste any times and add the new sources.

Best Regards,

Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

0 Kudos
tuowang
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Thank you very much! I followed your instructions and I can build this new project without any problems. One comment I have is that the "Source" folder in the hello sample project is a virtual folder so I need to create a "real" folder and add source files into it.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Tuo

0 Kudos
arthurdeniau
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Are they a simple way to create It?

0 Kudos