cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting mqxlite codewarrior project to KDS

kaustubhkagalka
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on MKL26Z256VLH4 kinetis MCU with MQXLite using codewarrior. We decided to move the project to IDE and I am trying to convert the existing project to KDS. 

I created a dummy MQXLite project with two tasks, so I can share the details here. I opened that project using KDS properties and cilcked "Convert Codewarrior project file"; and then generated the new code using processor expert. And when I tried building the project I found this error.  

"Building file: ../Sources/mqx_tasks.c
Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -g3 -gstrict-dwarf -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Project_Headers" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Project_Settings/Startup_Code" -I"/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/include" -I"/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_Runtime/include" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Generated_Code" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Sources" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/include" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/config" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/kernel" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/compiler/cwgcc" -I"C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/pdd/inc" -I"C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/iofiles" -std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/mqx_tasks.d" -MT"Sources/mqx_tasks.o" -c -o "Sources/mqx_tasks.o" "../Sources/mqx_tasks.c"
Finished building: ../Sources/mqx_tasks.c

Building file: ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.c
Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -g3 -gstrict-dwarf -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Project_Headers" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Project_Settings/Startup_Code" -I"/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/include" -I"/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_Runtime/include" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Generated_Code" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/Sources" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/include" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/config" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/kernel" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0" -I"C:/Users/ASUS1/workspace/KDS_Convert_Demo/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/compiler/cwgcc" -I"C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/pdd/inc" -I"C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/iofiles" -std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.d" -MT"Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.o" -c -o "Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.o" "../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.c"
../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.c:21:24: fatal error: ansi_parms.h: No such file or directory
#include <ansi_parms.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Project_Settings/Startup_Code/subdir.mk:24: recipe for target 'Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.o' failed
make: *** [Project_Settings/Startup_Code/__arm_end.o] Error 1
"

I selected the "Add startup file" option in the CPU component in processor expert, and generated the code. I am still seeing the same issue.

Is there any more step I am missing. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

There is a guide about porting CW project to KDS:

Importing MCU V10.6 projects (sample, using PE and MQX) under KDS 

While in this DOC, the KDS version is v1.1.1, and in sometime, different project

have many different problem .

So i recommend you create one new project under KDS, then referent the old project to

development .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos