autogenerated objects.mk results in problems during make that I can't resolve manually

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autogenerated objects.mk results in problems during make that I can't resolve manually

dave408
Senior Contributor II

I've been trying to figure out how to take a bare-bones MQX/KSDK/PEx project and add RTCS to it.  I feel like I'm getting close as I muddle through it, but now I'm at a point where I don't think I can do anything to solve my error.

This is the error that KDS is giving me:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

make: *** missing separator.  Stop.    objects.mk    /RemotePowerControl/Debug    line 6    C/C++ Problem

This is what I've added to my linker options to link to the necessary libraries:

17321_17321.pngpastedImage_1.png

and the resulting object.mk that gets created:

################################################################################ # Automatically-generated file. Do not edit! ################################################################################  USER_OBJS := C:/Freescale/KDS_1.1.1/eclipse//../toolchain/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/m4/fp/v4-sp-d16/libgcc.a C:/Freescale/KDS_1.1.1/eclipse//../toolchain/arm-none-eabi/lib/m4/fp/v4-sp-d16/libc.a C:/Freescale/KDS_1.1.1/eclipse//../toolchain/arm-none-eabi/lib/m4/fp/v4-sp-d16/libsupc++.a C:/Freescale/KDS_1.1.1/eclipse//../toolchain/arm-none-eabi/lib/m4/fp/v4-sp-d16/libm.a C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f120m.kds/debug/psp/psp.a  C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f120m.kds/debug/mqx_stdlib/mqx_stdlib.a C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f120m.kds/debug/bsp/bsp.a C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K64F12/debug/ksdk_mqx_lib.a  C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f120m.kds/debug/nshell/nshell.a C:/Freescale/MQX_KSDK_1.0.0/tcpip/rtcs/lib/frdmk64f120m.kds/debug/rtcs/rtcs.a  LIBS := 

It doesn't seem to like the newline on line 6 above.

What can I do to fix the objects.mk that is used, if it's just going to get overwritten anyway?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello dave,

Can you tell us what project do you want to create ?

About the "MQX_KSDK",  at first you can refer to the "C:\Freescale\MQX_KSDK_1.0.0\doc\Kinetis SDK k64 User's Guide".

Best Regards

Alice

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alice, thanks for your reply.  I've gone through that user's guide walkthrough before.  I've also used the ones found on this forum.  There's a bit of confusion about the value of KSDK_PATH.  I have mine set to C:\Freescale\MQX_KSD_1.0.0, rather than what the doc has listed, which is the KSDK_1.1.1 folder.

My goal is to have a basic MQX/PEx project that I can then add RTCS to.  What I did here was start with the MQX/PEx portion and confirm that the wizard-generated code worked (and it did).  Then I #included rtcs.h and added the libraries that I believe are necessary to support ethernet in my project.

Here's my project archive.  It has a compiler error as well that I don't recall seeing before.  If you wouldn't mind taking a peek at it, I would appreciate it!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi dave,

Do you mean when not include the file of <rtcs.h>, the project have no errors when build ?

While on my side , when not conclude the file , it still have error .

There is about RTCS demo(C:\Freescale\MQX_KSDK_1.0.0\tcpip\rtcs) , you can refer to !

Best Regards

Alice

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alice,

No, I mean that when I add the .a files to the linker settings, I get the objects.mk error.  Thanks for suggesting looking at the rtcs examples, but the only thing I got from that was that I might need one other lib, but it doesn't look different other than that (and it's using the C linker, whereas I am using C++ linker).

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

please take a look to this document Creating a New MQX RTOS for KSDK Project in KDS

Best regards,

Carlos

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Carlos, I happened to see your document when looking through another thread.  It's very well done.  I started a similar page on my wiki, but it's not as thorough as yours.  In my project, I use virtual folders, whereas you copy and paste the files in directly, creating local copies.  I'm not sure which is preferred, but I'm trying to keep KSDK under my version control system so I can prevent inadvertent changes to the libraries, so I need to use this method.  Thanks for sharing your work with everyone here!

0 Kudos