Where can i found mk20dx128vfm5 firmware source?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i found mk20dx128vfm5 firmware source?

stanislavbedunk
Contributor I

I'm searching for the firmware source to upload into BLE Nano from RedBearLab.

MK20 USB board has mk20dx128vfm5 chip.

I've tried to compile from:

https://github.com/mbedmicro/CMSIS-DAP

but after upload chip stop working.

My aim is to convert MK20 into USB HID keyboard instead of the virtual COM port then it's connected to PC.

Best regards,

Stanislav

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

stanislavbedunk
Contributor I

Thanks for fast reply.

Redbear has very slow support for it's products.

Redbear has only precompiled firmware.

I want recompile firmware and change it functionality.

MK20 made on Freescale MK20DX128VFM5 from NXP, right?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

thanks for your reply.

yes, MK20 is former Freescale now NXP product. NXP has many 3rd companies developing demo board with NXP silicons while we can't provide firmware source code for them.  this is the board owner business.

thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

which demo board do you work with?

can you please send me the link of it? or at least the board part number?
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stanislavbedunk
Contributor I

BLE Nano — RedBear

The MK20 (Freescale MK20DX128VFM5) USB board acts as a dongle, it accepts 5V from USB port and regulates to 3.3V via the onboard LDO which can be used to power BLE Nano. It appears on your computer as both a serial port and a removable mass storage disk.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Normally to use the demo board, we needn't the source code .

in this link, it details the steps of how to update interface Firmware and how to update the application to out of box version

RedBearLab BLE Nano | mbed

this board RedBearLab BLE Nano is produced by RedBearLab with mbed. it is not NXP product and I don't have one in hand.

For more about the board usage, I suggest you contact RedBearLab support RedBearLab Support

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos