What does "Resource is out of sync with file system" mean and how can I recover?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Resource is out of sync with file system" mean and how can I recover?

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I closed KDS and came back in. When I try to rename the project, a window pops up that says "Resource 'Proj1' is out of sync with file system."

What does this mean and how can I recover from it?

Just prior to closing KDS, I had been debugging the code and all seemed to be OK.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

donoldham
Contributor I

In case anyone else later than this 2015 question has this issue.

I use SVN and checked out another copy of the project with the problem into a folder outside the KDS workspace folder.  Then within KDS I deleted the project with the problem, with the box checked to delete contents from drive.  After importing the outside project with copy into workspace checked, the problem was resolved.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also make sure you turn on the automatic workspace refresh using Windows | Preferences dialog:

pastedImage_1.png

This way it solves lots of problems.

Regards,

Libor

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

When I started on the project this morning, I tried Erich's suggestion first. It worked, so I was off and running.

However, later, I ran into the same problem again! Although I was not trying to rename a project, the first clue was that when I tried to "Clean", I would get an error message. So, this time I tried Alice's suggestion, but I did it in Windows Explorer. This was fortuitous in that when I tried to do it, I got an error message that the file was in use by the debugger - even though I had exited KDS altogether.

I reset the machine and was able to delete the file and continue. However, it indicates a possible problem with how a debugging session is closed. If the 'elf' file is still marked as in use by the debugger, it's an impasse and nothing gets done.

As far as I know, the only way around this is to reboot the machine. That's a REAL pain!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

"resource out of sync" basically means that the information shown in the Eclipse project view is not matching what is on your disk.

You might use F5 / Refresh in the project view to fix this.

Erich

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Please delete all the .elf file under your project , like here :

pastedImage_0.png

Then rebuild the project , then  rename .

Or if it still can not ,please after delete the filer , restart the KDS , then rename it .

Hope it helps.

Alice