Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchpoints Not Working--how do I fix?

andrewmeyerbti
Contributor III

KDS version 3.2.0

USBDM 4.12.1.230

Chip S9KEAZ128AMLH

Setup seems to work fairly well, but I have come upon a situation where I really could use a watch point.  According to the chip documentation there are two.

I can follow Eric Styger's instructions https://mcuoneclipse.com/2018/08/11/tutorial-catching-rogue-memory-accesses-with-eclipse-and-gdb-wat... and everything appears normal; except that it never stops the execution, even when passing a known variable access.  Everything appear as advertised in Eric's blog--it just doesn't work.

Does anyone have any hints on how to go about diagnosing/fixing this problem with eclipse (or USBDM?)

Can anyone tell me how to manually install a watchpoint, or how to debug an unknown random change to a variable without a watchpoint?

Thanks Very much for your assistance!!

2 Replies

andrewmeyerbti
Contributor III

Thanks Eric! 

Peter O'Donoghue, any comments?  Your USBDM software has been a great help by the way.  I am using a modified FRDM KEAZ64Q64 demonstration board as the interface hardware to my custom board.  I believe that means USBDM is running on a MK20DX128VFM5 chip to program an S9KEAZ128AMLH on my custom board.  Everything seems to work very reliably since i learned to turn on the 5V supply in the server app, except for this lack of watchpoint functionality.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @andrewmeyerbti ,

I don't have USBDM and the device you are using, so cannot really comment, except that it works as described with LinkServer, P&E and Segger.

I would recommend that you try to remove/delete all other breakpoints: just having a single watchpoint active, because you might run over the available hardware breakpoints and you won't get an error message about this. The other thought I have is that USBDM might not support watchpoints: have you tried already with a J-Link or P&E maybe?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos