VLLS2 Deep Sleep Causes KDE to Halt CPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLLS2 Deep Sleep Causes KDE to Halt CPU

leifzars
Contributor IV

When in a debugging session and when the k20 goes to VLLS2 deep sleep KDS acts oddly. Works as expected in CW.

Going in to VLLS2 the debugger pauses, and shows a stack trace of:

__Vec_Table() at 0x0

0x0

the arm-non-eabi-gdb console shows:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x00000000 in __vect_table ()

When I try to resume executions nothing works. This worked fine in CodeWarrior.

When I run the code with the debugger detached it goes to sleep and wakes up as expects.

Leif

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leif Zars,

If you want to test your lowpower code function,  you shouldn't test it with debugger, you should downloader the code to your chip, then disconnect your debugger.

Because, when the kineits chip k20 enter in VLLS2, the debugger port is powered OFF, you can find more details information from K20 reference manual:9.14 Debug in Low Power Modes

pastedImage_0.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sarastout-grand
Contributor III

Hello!

I have this same problem, I'm using the FRDM-KL03Z with KDS debugger. How exactly do I "download the code to my chip, then disconnect your debugger."?

Thanks,

Sara

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sara Stout-Grdandy,

If you are using  FRDM-KL03, don't debug your code in the low power mode, just program your code to your chip, then power off the board, and power on again.

About the code, you can use our KSDK2.0-FRDM-KL03 which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos