Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using mbed cmsis-DAP in KDS3.0 for FRDM-K64F

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All,

I've updated my Windows 7 machine with KDS3.0 and installed all suggested updates.  I've programmed my K64F board with the most recent CMSIS-DAP software from freescale.com/opensda.

Looking at my K64F board, DETAILS.TXT contains:

Version: 0221

Build:   Jan  7 2015 02:30:03

Git Commit SHA: 5dfa9f6b95b105e2c88258ca9ffe5b7ff8d55e27

Git Local mods: Yes

When I look at run configurations within KDS, I get:

68549_68549.pngKDS3RunConfigurations.png68550_68550.pngKDS3RunConfigurationsB.png

When I hit "Run", I get

68551_68551.pngKDS3RunConfigurationsC.png

Followed by:

68552_68552.pngKDS3RunConfigurationsD.png

If I try again, I get:

68553_68553.pngKDS3RunConfigurationsE.png

And then I have to close KDS and restart to try again (to no avail).

I've messed with this for hours today.  Can anyone offer suggestions?  Or is it a myth that KDS3.0 offers debug support via CMSIS-DAP?

Thanks,
Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

yes, KDS supports OpenOCD with CMSIS-DAP debugging. But it is less easy to use compared to OpenSDA with P&E or Segger J-Link. Unless you have a special reason to use CMSIS-DAP, I recommend P&E or Segger firmware.

One usual roadblock with mbed/OpenOCD/CMSIS-DAP is that you need the mbed serial drivers installed.

Windows serial configuration - Handbook | mbed

Next thing is that you need to make sure that the latest CMSIS-DAP mbed firmware is loaded, see Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed

The other thing is that you might need to power cycle the board so the board firmware can properly initialize it.

Last but not least: in case you have a zombie debug process running, kill it: GDB Client and Server: Unlocking GDB | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos