Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error when running KSDK demo project

Jump to solution
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello, KDS team and followers.

Right now, I tried to run some KSDK demos on a customer's PC and for our surprise, we got a strange error. For example, we took the hello_world example for FRDM-K64F working set (wsd file) and did exactly as the manuals say: we first cleaned and built the platform library project and then the hello_world demo project itself (without cleaning). And we got an error from "system_MK64F12.c" file, claiming that "DEFAULT_SYSTEM_CLOCK" is undeclared. This definition should come from the "system_MK64F12.h" file which is part of sdk_platform library that we compiled before and is supposed to be included in the demo project. Have the error screenshot attached.

We tried to run other examples, but the same error ocurrs. And I didn't get the same error on my side. I imagined that it could be a corrupted file or something like that, but before making the customer remove and reinstall the SDK, I came to this forum to know if somebody already experienced the same and if there is a solution for that.

Thanks and regards,

Marco Coelho

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

David,

We had already done everything you said. We had to remove and reinstall KSDK in order to get it working fine again. Hard to understand atypical phenomena like that on customers. Whatever...

Anyway, I really appreciated your time and attention.

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

Applications Engineer

Siletec Eletronica

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hi, David

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, we reinstalled to exactly the same location C:/Freescale path.

Regards,

Marco Coelho

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Two suggestions and maybe others have more.

1) Could path be too long?  We recommend placing in KDS and KSDK in C:\Freescale\ to keep path length short.

2) Did you Help-->Install New Software... and point to the C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\tools\eclipse_update path to associate KDS with KSDK?

3) Bonus...is the KSDK_PATH environmental variable set to C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0

Regards,

David

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

David,

We had already done everything you said. We had to remove and reinstall KSDK in order to get it working fine again. Hard to understand atypical phenomena like that on customers. Whatever...

Anyway, I really appreciated your time and attention.

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

Applications Engineer

Siletec Eletronica

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the hassles.

Did you re-install to same folder as before or to the c:\Freescale path?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos