cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCS from KSDK 1.2 does not build under KDS 3.0 on Windows 7 64-bit

Jump to solution
brianwilloughby
Contributor III

Background: I have KDS 3.0 installed and compiling firmware for the K64 that runs on my custom hardware platform, using the PE micro Multilink Universal. I am trying to add RTCS to the firmware, but DHCP hangs without returning an error.

Current Situation: Someone else compiled lib_rtcs.a, so I thought it would be a good idea to try building that again, in case any options were specified incorrectly. Unfortunately, I cannot get KDS to build RTCS from KSDK 1.2

I used "Import from existing project" to load \Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\tcpip\rtcs\build\kds\rtcs_frdmk64f and tried to build. I get hundreds of warnings, and an error in a batch file that complains about an unmatched quote. I tried a clean build, but same results. I also tried loading the workspace at \Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\tcpip\rtcs\build\kds\workspace_frdmk64f, but it was empty. So, I again imported the existing project above and got the same results.

Question: Is KDS 3 supposed to be able to build components of the KSDK 1.2? I would assume that it should be the easiest thing to import one of these projects and build without modifying anything.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

KDS 3.0 can support KSDK 1.2.

1. first please make sure  you apply the Eclipse Update for Kinetis SDK into this tool using Help -> Install New Software. Then go to ..\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update folder to find the appropriate Eclipse update.

2. make sure you have all KDS3.0 updates installed:

pastedImage_0.png

3. then follow attached video to build rtcs_frdmk64f. i got warnings but no error.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

KDS 3.0 can support KSDK 1.2.

1. first please make sure  you apply the Eclipse Update for Kinetis SDK into this tool using Help -> Install New Software. Then go to ..\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update folder to find the appropriate Eclipse update.

2. make sure you have all KDS3.0 updates installed:

pastedImage_0.png

3. then follow attached video to build rtcs_frdmk64f. i got warnings but no error.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
brianwilloughby
Contributor III

Thanks. I had all of the KDS 3.0 updates installed, but not all of the others. I hadn't seen the Eclipse updates in the KSDK 1.2 folder. Also, I had not imported the Project Set under Project of Projects, so perhaps that foiled my build.

0 Kudos
brianwilloughby
Contributor III

Well, my installation of KDS stopped working after I installed all of the available updates. So, I had to manually delete KDS and re-install.

The good news is that importing the Project Set, instead of importing "Existing Projects into Workspace" seems to have avoided the build error(s).

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Brain,

thanks for your update. Just saw Erich answered the KDS update problem question via the thread:

https://community.freescale.com/message/547748?et=watches.email.thread#547748

I apologize the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos