Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert difference between Kinetis K series and E series

Jump to solution
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm a new user of KDS. Going through the tutorial I created 4 projects LED, LED1, LED2 and LED3. LED uses a K60 series MCU, LED1 uses a KE06 series MCU and LED3 uses a K70 series MCU. When I open the Component Inspector the K60 and K70 devices show pretty much the same menus, options, etc. But for the KE06, the options shown onscreen are totally different. Please explain why this is so, does it make any difference while coding, etc. I am attaching screenshots to make my point clear. Thanks in advance

LED (K60)

18098_18098.jpgpastedImage_0.jpg

LED1 (KE06)

18099_18099.jpgpastedImage_1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratiek Bhadranavar,

The Kinetis K60 and K70 devices does not have the PinSettings component because these MCUs are not as new as the KE06 device, the PinSettings component is a new Processor expert component available only for the latest Kinetis MCUs, this doesn't mean the K60 and K70 devices do not have mutiplexable pins, they have multiplexable pins but you would need to add each component separately (ADC, FTM, UART, etc.) instead of having most of them in the PinSettings component.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello, I got a part solution myself - For the KE06 it is the pin configuration and for the K60 it was showing the processor configuration. Can be switched in the components tab. Components tab can be accessed by Window > Show View > Components.

HOWEVER - Why do K60 and K70 not show the pin configuration option at all? Does this mean that K series devices do not have mutiplexable pins and the E series devices have that option?

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratiek Bhadranavar,

The Kinetis K60 and K70 devices does not have the PinSettings component because these MCUs are not as new as the KE06 device, the PinSettings component is a new Processor expert component available only for the latest Kinetis MCUs, this doesn't mean the K60 and K70 devices do not have mutiplexable pins, they have multiplexable pins but you would need to add each component separately (ADC, FTM, UART, etc.) instead of having most of them in the PinSettings component.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Thanks Carlos

0 Kudos