Partition FlexNVRAM with KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partition FlexNVRAM with KDS

rogerfl
Contributor III

I use CW for MCU 10.6 for my Kinetis K10 and K12 projects but tried to use KDS for first time yesterday.  I could not find where to setup partitioning for FlexNVRAM in KDS.  Anyone know where that is?  I'm using PEM Multilink Universal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

andreaswickströ
Contributor I

Hi

Does anyone have any answer if this is working in the new KDS 3.0.0?

I would like to use the same feature on a MK10DX128xxx5.

Best regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Under KBS V3.0, the option is available.

pastedImage_1.png

For details, refer to the P&E doc under the installation folder:

\pemicro\Kinetis_Design_Studio_Debug_Configuration_User_Guide_v_1_03.pdf

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

segger
Contributor I

FlexNVM partitioning with SEGGER J-Link

The FlexNVM partitioning can be done with J-Flash or J-Link Commander:

In SEGGER J-Flash there is a project you can use as reference.

1. Open J-Flash

2. Open J-Flash project. It can be found in your JLink folder: \Samples\JFlash\ProjectFiles\Freescale\MK40DX256xxx10_ConfigureDataFlash.jflash

3. Open Options->Project settings->CPU. The procedure how to do a partition is described in the Init steps.

Please refer to the Freescale manual for further information on doing FlexNVM partitioning.

You can do this partitioning also with the J-Link Commander using a Command File.

Example for invocation:

JLink.exe -device MK66FX1M0xxx18 CommanderScript c:\K66FX1M0VMD18.jlink

Example content of a J-Link Command File:

si 1

speed 4000

r

w1 0x40020000, 0x70

w1 0x40020007, 0x03

w1 0x40020006, 0x80

w1 0x40020005, 0x00

w1 0x40020004, 0xFC

w1 0x4002000F, 0x00

w1 0x40020000, 0x80

sleep 5

w1 0x40020007, 0x80

w1 0x4002000B, 0x32

w1 0x4002000A, 0x0D

w1 0x40020000, 0x80

sleep 5

r

If you like to get further information using command files please read the instructions in the J-Link User Guide.

Roman - J-Link Support

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

P&E has developed a fix for this problem.

This should be included in the next version.

At this time I can not give you a date for this release.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

stephenspaceman
Contributor II

Hi Pascal,

I am also very interested in this fix.  I am using a K64FX512 with Kinetis Design Studio, and would really like to be able to protect the FlexNVM regions of memory.

Stephen

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

Following the info I got this should be included in the next version of KDS which is planned for Q2.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

just got P&E feedback.

++++++++++++

Currently KDS does not have the advanced programming options to allow partitioning of the EEPROM and DFlash on the FlexNVM.

++++++++++++

P&E is currently working on a solution to allow partitioning.

At this time I can not give any release date.

I will keep you informed.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

Do you refer to FlexNVM ?

Below the information provided under MCU V10.6 installation.

++++++++++++

Enable Partitioning

Setting the Enable Partitioning checkbox enables you to partition your Kinetis chip. To setup partitioning, you must provide two bytes in hexadecimal format. The first byte represents the EEPROM Data Set Size, which determines the amount of FlexRAM used in each of the available EEPROM subsystems. This byte must be in the range of 0x00 to 0x3F. The second byte represents the FlexNVM Partition Code, which specifies how to split the FlexNVM block between data flash and EEPROM backup memory supporting EEPROM functions. This must be in the range of 0x00 to 0x0E. Refer to the reference manual specific to the device you are working with for more information on how to specify the EEPROM Data Set Size and FlexNVM Partition Code.

Note:This option is only available for Kinetis K-series devices with Flex memory.

++++++++++++

Under KDS it's not the case.

On the PEMicro web site I've found:

P&E Microcomputer Systems

I will check with the P&E.

Keep you informed  

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos