cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEMICRO Multilink universal don't works well with KL17

PO220
Contributor IV

Hi

I use a PEMICRO Multilink universal (rev B) for several years.

Now I'm working with a KL17Z256VLH4, KDS3.2 and KSDK2.0 freertos (window seven 64bit pro)

>>>Multilink universal to debug an FRDM K64F -> It's all good

>>>FRDM K64F as debug tool with my board KL17 -> it's all good. OpenOCD is terribly slow but it works perfectly

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/09/08/using-frdm-k64f-board-to-debug-another-kinetis-board/

>>>Multilink universal to debug my board KL17 -> unusable

KDS does not see the debug tool frequently (requires disconnecting / reconnecting every time)

The communication fails half the time

Once in debug operation, communication disconnect after a few seconds of inactivity, every time

The same board works well with this debug tool, Code Warrior and a KL15 chip.

Multilink universal is up to date for driver and firmware.

I'm testing for a week now !

today, to move forward a bit I'm using OpenOCD with FRDM K64F ... very very slowly :-(

What is the problem ?

incompatibility ?

bug in algo  ? (C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.3.6.201602211227\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\KL1x)

What else ? Bord is working well, debug tool too. Only with KL17, KDS is mismanaging the multilink universal.

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

PO220
Contributor IV

Debug devis is up to date with 615 firmware.

Problem is exacltly the same with an other PC (windows seven 64 bit too) and a new KDS 3.2 installation (CW or KDS never installed)

thanks

0 Kudos

PO220
Contributor IV

Hi

thank you but I already install this last driver.

I just reinstall for fun -> it's the same

>>>Multilink universal to debug an FRDM K64F -> It's all good (but less stable with the last debug device updates)

>>>FRDM K64F as debug tool with my board KL17 -> it's all good, perfectly stable (but terribly slow)

>>>Multilink universal to debug my board KL17 with Code Warrior-> it's all good (but less stable with the last debug device updates)

>>>Multilink universal to debug my board KL17 with KDS-> unusable

You say "Now updated for USB Multilink Universal Rev C."  Reassures me : My Rev B is not obsolete on KL17 or KDS ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I currently don't have KL17 but have a similar  KL27 and Multilink universal ver.B on hand.

I just tested it with KDS3.2,  it can connect/download code to KL27 with Multilink universal ver.B very well.

did you upload the Multilink universal ver.B firmware to the latest? If not, please upload the firmware then test again

pastedImage_0.png

I may suggest you test the connection on another computer to make sure this is not a system/platform problem.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please install the latest USB Multilink Universal driver to check if this can solve the problem?

USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD  (11140 KB)
Contains firmware update utility, up-to-date firmware, technical summary, and other resources for both USB Multilink Universal and USB Multilink Universal FX. Now updated for USB Multilink Universal Rev C.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos