Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id

joebirch
Contributor III

I have a problem using pemicro debug plugin with freeRTOS

I am using the freertos_generic_twrkv58f220m project

if I break after the scheduler starts I get a flood of these errors.

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id 1298

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id 988

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id 1910

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id e10

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id 15b8

Notes:

1. breakpoints work before the scheduler starts. 
  1. If I don’t break the code runs fine, I see the expected results on the serial port
  1. I followed Eric’s advice in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/02/25/pe-arm-cortex-m-debugging-with-freertos-thread-awareness-and-rea...

and set

#define configTASK_RETURN_ADDRESS   0 

#define configUSE_PORT_OPTIMISED_TASK_SELECTION   0

but this didn’t help

1. If I use -kernel=none in the debug config then breakpoints work but I only get visibility to a single task

I am using:

TWR-Kv58F220M  eval board

MCUXpresso SDK 2.2.0

FreeRTOS 9.0.0

PEmicro multilink Universal FX

KDS has:

- Kinetis Design Studio  3.2.0.201603041649           

- GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support              2.9.6.201704281541c.

I have attached all of the eclipse installs.

Help

Thanks

Joe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe,

I refer to your description have a test , it seems there isn't error, the

attachment is the video.

Please install the latest update for KDS , especially the GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support :

pastedImage_1.png

If still can't work , please also take a video or screenshot show the steps .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joebirch
Contributor III

Alice

Thank you for the reply.

I update the plugins and restarted but have the same issue.

I then updated the multilink FX firmware and created a new workspace and imported the rtos project but still have the same problem.

I attached a number of screen captures. I don't have an app to record the desktop. Can you recommend one.

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe,

I haven't find error after checked your debug configuration.

So could you please test other example , and a simple project that you create.

And also you can use a new SDK , restart your PC and re-connect board .

If you have the Tower primary board, please connect as below :

pastedImage_1.jpg

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

joebirch
Contributor III

Alice

I tried what you suggested and still have the problem. 

I posted the problem on pemicro's forum.

Maybe they can tell me what the error is.

I'll post back here if I get a solution

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos

maximsemenov
Contributor I

Hi, Joe were you able to solve this problem? I have the same issue, and in my case I had working configuration till I've installed another IDE that might have installed  new PE drivers. I've uninstalled and installed everything many times after that trying to get things working again unsuccessfully.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Maxim,

About the PE drivers problem , you also can ask help from the P&E support :

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop...  

The P&E expert  will help you after you create request .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The message from P&E indicates that it cannot find the ID of the threads. It sounds like it might be some compiler optimization problem or a problem with the RTOS port you are using.

Could you post your project (zipped) so I can try it?

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as another piece of information: I'm able to reproduce the issue with the FreeRTOS and freertos_generic_twrkv58f220m example project present in the SDK v2.2. Looking into it now....

0 Kudos

joebirch
Contributor III

I was able to solve my problem with a firmware upgrade to the pemicro multilink universal FX.I had tried  upgrading by using the tool pemicro provided but I still had the issue.

But I needed to use the Multilink for another processor family so had to change the FW. When I connected back to the kv58 using KDS it did an automatic upgrade (see attached). After this it worked OK.

Thanks for the comments

Joe

2017-08-11 14_44_56-worlspace.kds - Debug - Kinetis Design Studio - C__Users_BirchJA_workspace.kds.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried the board with P&E and FreeRTOS on my side and with my project, and it works fine.

I have:

PEmicro ARM Device Expansion Plugin    3.0.9.201707131553    com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.expansion.feature.feature.group    P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.

FreeRTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB    1.0.2.201704260904    com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad.feature.feature.group    NXP Semiconductors, Inc.

GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support    3.0.9.201707131553    com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.feature.feature.group    P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.

Attached is the project in case you want to try it. It is available on GitHub (mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/TWR-KV58F220M/TWR-KV58F220M at master). See First steps: ARM Cortex-M7 and FreeRTOS on NXP TWR-KV58F220M | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos