cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** No rule to make target

salah
Contributor III

Dear All,

I am trying to import a CW project into KDE 3.0 and getting following@ error.

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

make: *** No rule to make target `MyWirelessApp Demo Coordinator - Security Enabled.elf', needed by `main-build'.  Stop.    MyWirelessApp Demo Coordinator - Security Enabled             C/C++ Problem

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Salah

Labels (1)
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using a CodeWarrior project in KDS v3.0.0 will need that you convert that project, see the CodeWarrior converter manual.

See C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\doc\KDS_Porting_Guide.pdf

As for the 'no rule' message: this is a message from the make telling you that it does not know how to build it. A 'clean' might help, see No rule to make target | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

salah
Contributor III

Dear Erich,

I have tried all of them and still issue persists. Basically this is what I am trying to do. I generate a demo app from Beekit for CW10.6 Then without opening it from CW I open with KDS and convert it to CW project. Then, follow instructions to make sure include path is correct and all other steps. [adding rt in library and so on ..] basically I am still getting same error.

Do I need any application file which is .elf?

I tried creating a new project in KDS and I found a .elf file under binary on the top of the project list but here, there is no binary folder and no .elf file.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Salah

0 Kudos

salah
Contributor III

I just resolved the Issue. I will explain in a short how I did it.

Thanks,

Salah

0 Kudos

PaoloSubiaco
Contributor I

I got the same problem.

In my case, I had cancelled, using shell command, one source file from the kinetis project, but kinetis has not updated the makefile structure and looked for the missing C source.

To solve the problem, I've created, using shell command, the deleted file again, then close and reopened KDS, and remove that source file from kinetis.

In this way, kinetis has updated the makefile and now the compilation was success.

Using linux it's easier to use the preferred editor (vi, in my case) and shell commands, with the result that sometime KDS loose the control of the project, but this is acceptable.

Regards. Paolo

0 Kudos

salah
Contributor III

Thank! I already resolved it. I think there is some bug in KDS. Here is the way I got it work -How to Convert a CW project to KDS. [Solution]

0 Kudos