No interrupts working for KW40Z in KDS 3.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No interrupts working for KW40Z in KDS 3.2.0

BillHoyt
Contributor I

We are attempting to run a bare metal (no O/S) Kinetis KW40Z CPU under KDS 3.2.0 with KSDK v1.3 & Processor Expert and are having trouble with all interrupts.  No interrupts are ever happening (timer, I2C, or serial).  We are using the command INT_SYS_EnableIRQGlobal() to enable interrupts after PE_low_level_init().  The timers are not happening, the I2C routine hangs (awaiting OS semaphore), and the RS232 serial port never transmits.  As a test, we have bypassed the driver software that was awaiting the I2C semaphore and bits now move out the I2C port, but the timers and serial are still not happening.  Even when we build a simple test project, the timer interrupt does not occur. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BillHoyt
Contributor I

We found the issue.  Our board is using CPU pin 23 as an analog input, but that is also the NMI input.  Once we disconnected the analog signal, the normal interrupts work now.  Evan though the NMI can be disabled through a flash option register write, we'll move our analog channel to another one and leave the NMI open.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BILL,

Do you use the demo board FRDM-KW40Z ?

If yes, please test the demo code under ksdk1.3: \KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkw40z\driver_examples\gpio

Run demo code can refer to :Kinetis SDK v.1.3 Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf (KSDK_1.3.0\doc\)

If the demo can work well , you project can not , you can compare them, if still can not work , you can send you project to

us.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos