Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you use processor expert, we can disable NMI pin in CPU component setting.

pastedImage_0.png

if you doesn't use processor expert. we can set SIM_SOPT NMIE bit as 0 to disable it after reset. see below from reference manual

pastedImage_1.png

please note, NMIE is write-once only on each reset. it can only be written after reset.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I'll add that there's another setting under CPU interrupts to disable the NMI interrupt, this also needs to be unchecked in addition to the NMI pin setting.  I had to do this as well.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, this is good. thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

george_ch
Contributor II

Thanks.

I would like to disable NMI from reset.

Your solution disables NMI after reset has occured.

Regards

George

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

NMI is always enabled at reset, read the Kinetis documentation.  It must be disabled after reset.  For this reason, you have to make sure the pin isn't pulled low at power up or you'll be stuck.

0 Kudos