Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMI disable K02F with KDS

Jump to solution
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I need to disable the NMI since the reset. I cannot do runtime if possible, the NMI pin is flickering because of external connetion and I never manage to debug

because the NMI handler is always taking control.

In the IRM the FOPT boot options are explained. It seems if the bit2 here is clear the NMI will never be serviced.

How to implement in the KDS this option???

Thank You

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro di Castri:

In a KDS project without Processor Expert open the file startup_MK02xxx.S and search for the Flash Configuration. The FOPT is at address 0x40D, so to disable the NMI function set the corresponding byte to FB as in the image below:

pastedImage_5.png

The .FlashConfig section starts at 0x400, so you can see how the highlighted byte corresponds to FOPT.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello Iva

It seems the suggestion is using the Processor expert. I am not. I need to stop with manual setting the configuration.

If You can supply the hand way of doing I would be happy..

Thank You for support.

Have a nice week end..

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro di Castri:

In a KDS project without Processor Expert open the file startup_MK02xxx.S and search for the Flash Configuration. The FOPT is at address 0x40D, so to disable the NMI function set the corresponding byte to FB as in the image below:

pastedImage_5.png

The .FlashConfig section starts at 0x400, so you can see how the highlighted byte corresponds to FOPT.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro,

Please check the option in KDS, if is not checked, is disable.

https://mcuoneclipse.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/disabled-nmi-pin.png

and follow this guide

Pin Muxing: Using the NMI Pin as GPIO Pin | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps

Have a great day!

Best Regards

Iva

0 Kudos
dquittman
Contributor I

I am having similar trouble with modifying the boot-time behavior of nNMI on K64FN1M0VLQ12. In my case, I am using processor expert on KDS3.0 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04. I can't seem to find the options tab you're talking about. When I double click on the CPU component, I only get the following options:

KDS3_CPU_component_inspector.png

There's nothing to modify CPU interrupts/resets nor the NMI pin. Any ideas?

---DanQ

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel Quittman:

Your project uses KSDK. The flash configuration options are not handled by Processor Expert anymore. Please follow the procedure I mentioned to disable the NMI pin.

0 Kudos