Migration to SDK 2.x (KDS project (SDK 1.3) for FRDM-KL43z with using Processor Expert for IAR EWARM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to SDK 2.x (KDS project (SDK 1.3) for FRDM-KL43z with using Processor Expert for IAR EWARM)

Jump to solution
agor53
Contributor II

Hi

I have project KDS project for FRDM-KL43z (with using Processor Expert and SDK 1.3, for IAR EWARM).

Now I want to migrate to new SDK 2.0.

I use directions from 'Kinetis SDK 2.0 Transition Guide' (3.8); for migration I download 'KSDK Project Generator', download and install 'New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard', build and download 'SDK 2.0 for FRDM-KL43z'.

But when I try to use 'KSDK Project Generator' for creating of the new SDK 2 project, I get error about incompatibility of versions of the program and Windows (7, 32bits).

Then I try to use 'New Project wizard' with using 'Kinetis SDK 2.x' and point to folder with unpacked 'SDK 2.0 for FRDM-KL43z', I get error 'Selected directory does not contain Kinetis SDK 2.x for KDS'.

So I can't to migrate.

How to make it correctly?

Thanks advance,

Andrey

Labels (1)
1 Solution
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

when you downloading SDK2.0 package, please ensure KDS is selected - see attached picture. Otherwise New Project Wizard in KDS will not work.

Capture.PNG

Regards, Marek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
radoslavapovalo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

The new version of KSDK Project Generator which supports Win7-32 bit has been released. You can find it here: Kinetis SDK Project Generator Tool

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

when you downloading SDK2.0 package, please ensure KDS is selected - see attached picture. Otherwise New Project Wizard in KDS will not work.

Capture.PNG

Regards, Marek

agor53
Contributor II

Hi, Marek

Thanks, toolchain was 'IAR', with KDS New Project Wizard creates new project for SDK2 successfully.

But now I need to transfer existing SDK1.3 project to new created SDK2 project.

How to do it the easiest way?

Thanks in advance,

Andrey

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Andrey, go to http://nxp.com/ksdk - Documentation - User Guides - and you will find there "Kinetis SDK v2.0 Transition Guide".

Marek