cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually implementation of FreeRTOS on FRDM-KL25Z

thomaskristlbau
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to implement FreeRTOS on the board FRDM-KL25Z. However, without using the RTOS from the SDK or the processor Expert. I would like to create a new project using SDK so I do not have to worry about the drivers anymore. Then the latest version, which is available for download at freertos.org, can be entered manually into the project.

I have so far proceeded as follows:

1. Create a new project using SDK and the included FreeRTOS (so I have the folder structure in mind)
  2. Create new project with SDK without FreeRTOS but with the drivers for the board.
  3. Replication of the folder structure from point 1
  4. Insert the FreeRTOS files into the corresponding folders

However, I get a lot of error messages like Missing libraries. If I fix an error, the next one arises. Is there an instruction, which describes the best approach? Or is my approach completely wrong?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
2 Replies

FreeRTOS_org
Contributor IV

Here are some links that might help:

Creating a new RTOS project 

FreeRTOS - Porting a FreeRTOS demo to a different hardware platform 

[luckily every time I try and use this forum I'm told my password was reset in Feb 2016 and I have to create a new one, I've created quite a lot of news ones now!]

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

your approach and steps are correct, and it works that way if you really want 'plain' FreeRTOS 9.0.0.

What you want is what I have on GitHub (mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-KL27Z/FRDM-KL27Z_SDKv2_FreeRTOS.org at master · GitHub).

I'm not sure how familiar you are with FreeRTOS, but I think you might have used the wrong files or not updated the compiler include path settings. Have a look at above project and readme file, and hopefully this helps.

Erich

0 Kudos