Mac OSX Can't Open Listener Port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OSX Can't Open Listener Port

johnyates
Contributor I

Using FRDM k64f with OpenSDA from Segger. Running OSX 10.8.5, installed latest GDB Server from Segger, has anyone run into this:

Connecting to J-Link...

J-Link is connected.

Firmware: J-Link OpenSDA 2 compiled Apr 23 2015 18:23:59

Hardware: V1.00

S/N: 621000000

Checking target voltage...

Target voltage: 3.30 V

ERROR: Failed to bind address (Err = 49)

ERROR: Failed to open listener port 2331

Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...

Shutting down...

Thanks for any help,

John

Labels (1)
4 Replies

jeremykramer
Contributor I

Hi,

I guess I'm late to the party, but maybe something has changed in Yosemite that I don't know about. I'm using the GDB server to talk to Jlink from Kinetis design studio 3.2.0 and I am receiving the follow feedback when I call $JlinkGDBServer:

Edit: Something to note is that I have no problem running the debugger with breakpoints from inside of KDS on my K64F.

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

I think the issue is related to your OS version, please notice that KDS 3.0.0 is supported by Mac OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite").

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johnyates
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply, I think that is indeed the case. I have GDB talking to JLINK using Kepler with another tool chain plugin, thought I would try.

Thanks,

John

I didn't see a correct answer button or would have selected.

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Could you post an screenshot of how the "Correct Answer" button is not appearing? This seems to be happening to more users and with the screenshot we can report this issue to the community manager.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos