Kinetis Design Studio 3.2 Could not connect to target (Kwikstik K40)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio 3.2 Could not connect to target (Kwikstik K40)

Jump to solution
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Kinetis Design Studio 3.2 with KSDK 1.3 to work on Kwikstik K40 Rev 5.0.

If I create a new KSDK1.3 project, Use MQX_RTOS, Generate Code and Debug, I can Debug the project for the first time. If I try to Debug for the second time and later on I get the error as below. 

"WARNING: CPU could not be halted
ERROR: Could not connect to target.
Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...
Shutting down..."

I could build the project without any issues. I have attached the screenshot for reference.

I am stuck with this issue for more than 2 weeks. Your help would enable me to move forward.

best regards,

Mahendran

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

Yes, KSDK 2.0 doesn't support MQX, and the new version KSDK in the futures also don't support MQX.

While it support FreeRTOS, maybe you take it into account .

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

- Please first check the Device name :

pastedImage_1.png

-Please delete the .metadata folder under workspace , the re-open KDS to have  a try.

- If still can not work well , please create a simple bareboard project to check whether it can work well.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Dear Alice,

I changed the device name. 

I tried the following options with same result as I was getting before.

1. Deleted .metadata and tried Debugging.

2. Created Bare Metal project without MQX_KSDK and tried Debugging.

One silly clue I have, that is when I turn ON the laptop first time on a day, KDS debug successfully. Later, even if I restart the laptop on the same day, no success.

What could be the one that I am missing in the process?

I am so much waiting to move forward.

best regards,

Mahendran.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

Sorry I don't know the mainly reason, while I recommend you re-install KDS to have  a try .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I created SDK for MK40DX256xxx10 with KSDK 2.0 separately with MCUXpresso and crreated a new project in KDS 3.2 referring to the folder.

I could successfully Build, Debug and Run the project from KDS 3.2 on Kwikstik K40. 

I reckon KSDK 2.0 does not support MQX. Is there a way I can develop MQX projects with KSDK 2.0 or I should use only KSDK 1.3?

Best regards,

Mahendran.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

Yes, KSDK 2.0 doesn't support MQX, and the new version KSDK in the futures also don't support MQX.

While it support FreeRTOS, maybe you take it into account .

BR

Alice