KDS v3.2.0 and KSDK 2.0 semihosting not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS v3.2.0 and KSDK 2.0 semihosting not working

robertbaruch
Contributor III

This is on a K64F board. I used New > Kinetis SDK 2.x Project to start. I went to main.c and added #include <stdio.h> and a printf:

#include "board.h" #include "pin_mux.h" #include "clock_config.h" #include <stdio.h>  /*!  * @brief Application entry point.  */ int main(void) {   /* Init board hardware. */   BOARD_InitPins();   BOARD_BootClockRUN();   BOARD_InitDebugConsole();     printf("Greetings\r\n");     /* Add your code here */     for(;;) { /* Infinite loop to avoid leaving the main function */     __asm("NOP"); /* something to use as a breakpoint stop while looping */   } }

I went to the build settings and changed --specs=nosys.specs to --specs=rdimon.specs, and then went to the debug configuration and made sure enable semihosting was checked (output to both telnet and GDB console).

I ran the program, but all that appeared in the Semihosting and SWV console was this:

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V5.10u - Terminal output channel

Nothing else.

Any ideas to try?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

Erich wrote article about Semihosting with Eclipse and the NXP Kinetis SDK V2.0

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/04/09/semihosting-with-eclipse-and-the-nxp-kinetis-sdk-v2-0/

I think this should answer your question.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos