Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS not allowing addition of components

Jump to solution
noobletmoar
Contributor I

Hi,

When I try to add components from components library, the "Add to project" option is greyed out. It says "No project focused, all components displayed".

Here's a screenshot of the KDS. Please advise.

166843_166843.PNGsome phail.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi

from your screenshot. the "Test" project is not a processor expert project.

please create a processor expert based project(see below screenshot), then import pe component. See how it works.

Whether the project supporting SDK is ok. the important is the project itself must support pe.

pastedImage_1.png

For a pe project, under the project folder, there must be a *.pe file. please check it on your side.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi

from your screenshot. the "Test" project is not a processor expert project.

please create a processor expert based project(see below screenshot), then import pe component. See how it works.

Whether the project supporting SDK is ok. the important is the project itself must support pe.

pastedImage_1.png

For a pe project, under the project folder, there must be a *.pe file. please check it on your side.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
noobletmoar
Contributor I

Thanks for the response, it worked. However, is there no Processor Expert support for KSDK2.0?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, there is no Processor Expert support for Kinetis SDK 2.0 (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/01/29/first-nxp-kinetis-sdk-release-sdk-v2-0-with-on-demand-package-bu... ).

There is only the way that you can carry over the generated code, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/05/15/mother-of-components-processor-expert-with-nxp-kinetis-sdk-v2-0-... .

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos