Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS linker process fault

Jump to solution
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I have a project, and the linking process is looking for a wrong file. 

The project has the SDK 1.3 included as source code, not a library. the compilation goes straight but the linker is looking for the  fl_gpio_driver.o in place of the fsl_gpio_driver.o . I don t understand where this name is coming from.

In the attached video a view of the what it is happening...

Needed help

Thank You

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, there is a limit of 8192 characters on Windows (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/29/solving-the-8192-character-command-line-limit-on-windows/ ). KDS V3.2.0 has that solution included, so you can use longer than 8192 command lines to the GNU tools. As an FYI, there is still an issue if you do a 'clean' command, but you can manually delete the output files if needed.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

I am trying to play removing from the building some files. The problem changes but still problem.

Now I dump the command line of the linker in the attached file, with the error message.

There is no sense. it seems it is looking for a file path not in the command line. "platfrm" in place of "platform"

Is there a limit in the length of the command line ???

Maybe too long ??

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, there is a limit of 8192 characters on Windows (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/29/solving-the-8192-character-command-line-limit-on-windows/ ). KDS V3.2.0 has that solution included, so you can use longer than 8192 command lines to the GNU tools. As an FYI, there is still an issue if you do a 'clean' command, but you can manually delete the output files if needed.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

I installed the 3.2.0 

The linking is proceeding...

Thank You

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Thank You, Always quick to help..