KDS fails to debug, reports Java heap space error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS fails to debug, reports Java heap space error

Jump to solution
235 Views
filipdossche
Contributor III

Hi,

 

I have been struggling for a while with various problems an I think I finally came up with a solution on last Thursday.

I am using KDS on a 64 bit windows machine. Right at the time of finding a solution my debugger on the FRDM-KL03Z was working erratically.

Something happened so the whole KDS just crashed.

 

Ever since then I keep getting error messages about "colouring source files" whenever I try to debug again.

The error has something to do with there not being enough "java heap space".

 

I have tried just about any trick in the book, and then some, but I am stuck with being able to build the application without an ability to debug.

 

I have been at it all day and have found no solution so far, any out there with suggestions as to what has gone pear shaped ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
122 Views
filipdossche
Contributor III

Hi again Alice,

Well, I have bitten the bullet and uninstalled everything, KDS, extra support for Kl03, toolchain etc...

In fact I removed everything, including the entire content of the KDS workspace. ( Of course: I first made a backup of my project's directory in another location :smileywink: ).

Then I reinstalled everything again which took a couple of hours.

Then I created a new Kinetis design studio project using with the same name as my original.

I setup the required Debug configuration and was able to correctly build and debug the template application.

Next step was to import all source files from my backup, including the "ProcessorExpert.pe" file.

The latter file required "refreshing" but once that was done I was able to build my original application.

Then I tried debugging it and what do you know: it works a treat now :smileyshocked:.

My best guess is that something went wrong in the .metadata folder or somewhere in the project folder's config files when the system crashed.

The fact that it now works again proves there was nothing wrong in my source code or the processor expert file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
122 Views
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Filip,

What is the version of your KDS ?

And please try, create a simple project ,then debug. If it can work well , tell me the information of your project.

BR

Alice

123 Views
filipdossche
Contributor III

Hi again Alice,

Well, I have bitten the bullet and uninstalled everything, KDS, extra support for Kl03, toolchain etc...

In fact I removed everything, including the entire content of the KDS workspace. ( Of course: I first made a backup of my project's directory in another location :smileywink: ).

Then I reinstalled everything again which took a couple of hours.

Then I created a new Kinetis design studio project using with the same name as my original.

I setup the required Debug configuration and was able to correctly build and debug the template application.

Next step was to import all source files from my backup, including the "ProcessorExpert.pe" file.

The latter file required "refreshing" but once that was done I was able to build my original application.

Then I tried debugging it and what do you know: it works a treat now :smileyshocked:.

My best guess is that something went wrong in the .metadata folder or somewhere in the project folder's config files when the system crashed.

The fact that it now works again proves there was nothing wrong in my source code or the processor expert file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
122 Views
filipdossche
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I have got several bits of extra info:

1) My KDS version is 2.0.0

2) I created a new bare bones test application, configured for a an FRDM-KL03Z board + using processor expert.

3) That left my original application's files open so one by one I started to close those. While I was doing that I got an error message: "Editor could not be initialized", the error detail info was "java heap space".

4) I closed the KDS and re-opened it. Then I was able to complete closing the source files.

5) Then I tried to debug the new test application and sure enough it worked.

6) Then trying to debug my application and everything crashes again, nothing but java heap space reports.

I am getting desperate now, i'll reinstall everything again from scratch, create a new project and integrate my source code piece by piece to see if I can then keep it working.

I'll keep you posted on the result.

0 Kudos