KDS expressions view (Error: Target not available)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS expressions view (Error: Target not available)

Jump to solution
josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

i am new using KDS, in other discussions i found that KDS doesn't support global variables as CW and i need to use the expressions view if i am using KDS.

But when i want to debug and add the variable to the expressions view, the variable doesn't update, before to debug appears the variable with a value zero and the type of the variable, after to begin the debug appear the error.

i am reading an ADC channel and already is working. But i need to see other variables.

Can sombody help me please with this error??

By the way, also appear other error (No source available for "") but this error doesn't affect the program, i am using the FRDM-K64F.

you can speak me in Spanish and English no problem.

best regards.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If your application is OK to break and then resume, you can setup the breakpoint Properties to break and then resume after 1 second which give time for the IDE to update the various windows.

Right click oh the breakpoint.  Select Breakpoint Properties...

Under Available actions: click New...

Give unique Action name:

Select Action type: Resume Action     Resume after 1 seconds.

OK

Highlight that new entry and click the Attach button to have that action assigned to the selected breakpoint.

click Apply, then OK.

Now when the application runs and hits the breakpoint it will halt, update windows, resume.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your screenshot indicates that your target is running. You cannot watch variables while the target is running.

Erich

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If your application is OK to break and then resume, you can setup the breakpoint Properties to break and then resume after 1 second which give time for the IDE to update the various windows.

Right click oh the breakpoint.  Select Breakpoint Properties...

Under Available actions: click New...

Give unique Action name:

Select Action type: Resume Action     Resume after 1 seconds.

OK

Highlight that new entry and click the Attach button to have that action assigned to the selected breakpoint.

click Apply, then OK.

Now when the application runs and hits the breakpoint it will halt, update windows, resume.

Regards,

David