KDS crash on adding 10th DMAChannel_LDD (using same DMAController)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS crash on adding 10th DMAChannel_LDD (using same DMAController)

Jump to solution
andrewparlane
Contributor IV

Hi,

I was working on a project for the MK12DX128VLK5, using processor expert. I have a single DMAController component, and 9 DMAChannel_LDD components that all reference the DMAController component. I now need to add another DMAChannel (the chip supports up to 16) however whenever I do this, I get the pop up asking which DMAController component to use, if I say the pre-existing one, everything immediately stops responding and I have to end the task.

I then created a new test project for the same CPU, and added 10 DMAChannel_LDD components (all referencing the same Controller) and nothing else. On the 10th KDS crashed again.

Further more I've tried copy and pasting components and editing them later. Also I've created the channel to use a new component, then edited it. Both cases crash as soon as I change the channel / controller to the setup I need.

I was initially running KDS v1.2 when I found this. I uninstalled and installed v2.0.0 which didn't help.

Windows 7 64bit.

I can provide other details on request.

Thanks

Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

We have prepared a hot fix for the KDS 2.0.0. See the attached hot fix package.

(the hot fix package has been updated 04/20/2015 due to another issue).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

Could you uploading your project about KDS v2.0 , i will check on my side .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
andrewparlane
Contributor IV

Hi Alice, thanks for getting back to me.

I'm attaching a newly created test project.

For reference it's a KDS project with processor expert, standalone, for MK12D128xxx5.

Using the default settings, I added 9 DMAChannel_LDDs, the first auto created a DMAController, the rest share the same controller.

I did nothing more, no code, no compiling, no code generation, etc...

To see the crash, simply extract the attached zip into your workspace. Import the project if necessary (I think KDS auto imports anything in it's workspace?). Then add one more DMAChannel_LDD, when prompted choose to use the DMA1 controller. After pressing OK, KDS should crash.

I created this zip first, and then tested the crash, so I can guarantee that the crash hasn't left the project attached corrupt in some way.

I couldn't figure out how to attach zips, so I put it on my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53739216/test.zip

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reporting of this issue. I have reproduced the problem - it will be fixed by Processor Expert development team.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

andrewparlane
Contributor IV

Hi Marek,

Awesome, glad to help.

Do you have a rough idea on when the update will be live? I know bug fixing is unpredictable, and what not, but this issue is holding me back from finishing my project off. I've worked around it for now, but it's not a neat fix. I mostly just don't want to miss the update and not realise it's fixed until I next think to check.

Thanks again,

Andy

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

The defect has been fixed in source code files and we are preparing a hot fix. It should be finished in a few days.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

andrewparlane
Contributor IV

Awesome thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

We have prepared a hot fix for the KDS 2.0.0. See the attached hot fix package.

(the hot fix package has been updated 04/20/2015 due to another issue).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
mentair
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

I am still using Driver Suite 10.4, which seems to have the exact same problem. Is there a way to fix this in Driver Suite 10.4? (I only need the code generator, since I don't use eclipse as an IDE)

0 Kudos
andrewparlane
Contributor IV

That works great.

Thanks for your quick work, it's much appreciated.

Andy

0 Kudos