KDS: Program "gcc" not found in PATH Preferences and Program "g++" not found in PATH Preferences and codewarrior code conversion

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS: Program "gcc" not found in PATH Preferences and Program "g++" not found in PATH Preferences and codewarrior code conversion

ofiryaish
Contributor II

Hi,

I trying to move from codewarrior to KDS, but got some errors while trying to rebuild the code:

1) Program "g++" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem

2) Program "gcc" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem

what can I do in order to add those paths?
I get the error both in pure KDS codes and in codes which I want to convert from codewarrior to KDS (followed the instruction in the pdf file attached) 

I'm working on KL25z if it's matter. 

thank you

Tags (3)
2 Replies

redlin6688
Contributor I

Hi I checked and modified my .cproject file following the instructions as in the attachments in this page:https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Design-Studio-Knowledge/Importing-MCU-V10-6-projects-sample-usi...

After I finish " Clean Project", the error " Program "gcc" not found in PATH    [Discovery Options] page in project properties  C/C++ Problem disappear temporarily and I can build the project successfully afterwards, and it seems the outputs is as expected.

But when I close the s32_desing_studio client, and reopen it again, the error shows up again.

so wierd.

Our Scenario is that : We build our project previously in another build env (building server), and for some reason, we need to move it to another building server, 

but one thing is confirmed:  both build server use the same s32_design_studio client.  we just import the whole project into  the s32_design_studio client in current build server.

any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ofir Yaish ,

You can have a look at the commone of  below thread:

Importing MCU V10.6 projects (sample, using PE and MQX) under KDS 

there is a same question with yours , and Pascal Irrle give the solution.

"

As you can see the application is built but the message " Program "gcc" not found in PATH" is always generated.

This error will not impact the project build.

To remove the message you must modify the .cproject file manually as explained in the doc attach and explained in the video too.

"

If still have other error when porting,  I strongly recommen you create a new project on KDS, then copy&paste application code into it , I think this is the easiest method for porting .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos