Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS PE, Linker file and m_cfmprotrom

Jump to solution
ocmonte
Contributor III

Hello Group!

I like using the Processor Expert and would like to know if there is a way to tell PE not to include the m_cfmprotrom sections when creating the linker file? Currently, I'm deleting these sections and managing the linker file manually. I have a boot-loader that manages the m_cfmprotrom section already.

TIA

Monte--

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Monte,

It seems that the section of m_cfmprotrom is generate by default , and it can not control through  PE.

While you can do like this : configure the linker file by manually , then uncheck the "Generate linker file" :

pastedImage_0.png

then the linker file will not changed by the PE, and you can configure the linker file according to your peresonal willingness.

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Monte,

It seems that the section of m_cfmprotrom is generate by default , and it can not control through  PE.

While you can do like this : configure the linker file by manually , then uncheck the "Generate linker file" :

pastedImage_0.png

then the linker file will not changed by the PE, and you can configure the linker file according to your peresonal willingness.

Hope it helps

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Have a great day,

Alice

0 Kudos
ocmonte
Contributor III

Hi Alice!

Yes, that exactly what I'm doing; managing the linker file manually. I just wanted to know if there was a way to disable that from PE. Looks like there is not so I'll continue to manage the linker files.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Monte--

0 Kudos