cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS PE K64F SPI not working

Jump to solution
schen
Contributor III

I have a project that works fine in CW 10.6. The project uses SPI0 to control a graphic LCD. PE was used to create the project.

When I ported the project to KDS v1.1.1 (also using PE), it does not work any more. The SCK pulses 16 times then stops. In KDS there does not seem to have a way to verify the SPI registers content, not even in memory browser. I tried CMSIS-DAP firmware and I tried PEmicro firmware.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
schen
Contributor III

I found the problem. It was a bug in my code that caused the memory corruption. CW and KDS seem to have different link order so the memory corruption manifested differently.

The ability to view the register contents was a great help!

By the way, I do not seem to be able to find NVIC registers using the plug-in from EmbSysRegView Project.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
schen
Contributor III

Thanks Erich. That is a great tool to have. It will keep me busy for a while until I find the problem.

0 Kudos
schen
Contributor III

I found the problem. It was a bug in my code that caused the memory corruption. CW and KDS seem to have different link order so the memory corruption manifested differently.

The ability to view the register contents was a great help!

By the way, I do not seem to be able to find NVIC registers using the plug-in from EmbSysRegView Project.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have to follow up why the NVIC registers are not present in the CMSIS-SVD files.

Thanks for spotting this!

Erich