I have tried to use Kinetis Design Studio (updated to v.3.1.0) with IAR Embedded Workbench IDE (Kickstart v.7.40) for board FRDM-KL43Z.
I tried follow the directions of Erich Styger in this tutorial: http://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/06/28/tutorial-using-kinetis-design-studio-v3-0-0-with-
1. File > New > Kinetis SDK 1.x Project;
2. Enter Project name > Next;
3. Select Board > Kinetis > FRDM-KL43Z > Next;
4. Check Processor Expert (with KSDK 1.3.0) > Next;
5. Select IAR ARM C Compiler > Finish.
KDS generated a project with ProjectInfo.xml for IAR.
1. Project > Create New Project;
2. Select Empty Project;
3. Enter Project name (in KDS project folder) > Save;
4. Project > Add Project Connection;
5. Select Freescale Processor Expert > OK;
6. Open (ProjectInfo.xml)
Setup for debug in IAR:
1. Project > Option > Debugger > Driver > PE micro (Run To Main is checked);
2. Project > PE micro > P&E Hardware interface type > OpenSDA-USB;
1. Click Download and Debug - Errors 0, Warnings 0.
2. Debuger starts, but program flow seemed in progress and didn't reach Main() as was expected;
3. When Break was clicked, program flow stops at line 162 in fsl_mcglite_hal.c ("return kMcgliteConst0;" in function uint32_t CLOCK_HAL_GetOutClk
(MCG_Type * base)). It seems clock system was not initialised correctly?.
4. Navigation keys of Debugger can't to move program flow from this point; .
Where I made mistake?
Thanks in advance