KDS 3.0 + PE Multilink Window 7 and Windows 8 incompatibility?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0 + PE Multilink Window 7 and Windows 8 incompatibility?

raymondwhite
Contributor III

So I started a KDS 3.0 project on a Windows 8 machine in my cubical. The target is a MK64 and I debug with P&E's multilink universal.

Anyway, I have been humming along for months on this project without any problems. So yesterday I moved the target board and multilink to the lab where the PC is running Windows 7. I installed KDS 3.0 and loaded the project (it is on a shared network drive). Again, no problems. Got the job done very efficiently.

Today, I move it all back to my cubical, its not like the Win 8 computer has changed in one day. And yet now KDS refuses to play with my multilink (see screen shot below). Device manager says the multilink is working OK. KDS sees, the multilink but throws an error.

I take it all back to my Win7 machine, works fine!. Back to the Win8 machine, no-go! Downloaded and installed the latest drivers from P&E, still no luck.

For now it appears I am stuck with doing development in the lab on the Win7 machine.

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

100620_100620.pngpastedImage_4.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

as suggested by P&E, please try to install

USB Multilink Universal Resource CD

from

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...

then run firmware updater program

can it solve your problem?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos