KDS 1.1.1 with PE: How to manage clock configurations?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 1.1.1 with PE: How to manage clock configurations?

Jump to solution
piotrek
Contributor III

I have created a KDS Project for FRDM K64F board with SDK and PE selected.

Then, I added fsl_debug_console component to the project. As soon as the baud rate is set at 115200 an error is reported:

Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 3 - it is impossible to set the following items: selected value (Baud rate)

As suggested in several posts I'm quite willing to delete the Clock configuration 3 but I want to keep the Clock configuration 4.

How would I do it?

Regards,

Piotr

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The issue has been resolved and the new command "Delete Item" will accessible from the context menu, see the screenshot below. This command will be available in the next release of KSDK 1.1.0 GA SP.

Delete_Item_Clock_Configuration.PNG.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
piotrek
Contributor III

I have marked Mark's answer as a correct one because I was looking for a solution - not a work around.

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Piotrek,

I'm sure there are multiple ways to work around this issue.

What I did to get rid of the error was to look at the DgbCs1:fsl_debug_console in the Component inspector.  When you click on the "Raud rate" a new window opens.  On the right side si the "Possible settings" tab.  You can look at each clock configuration to see what the buad rate range is.  For Clock configuration 3 my indicates 0-2048 baud.  So I set the baud rate to 2048 in the left side of the window under the "Runtime settings type".  Now the error in PE went away.

Attached is my main.c file.  In this code I use the UART_DRV_SendData() method to output text to terminal at 2048 baud.  After 5 times of doing that I hit a __BKPT software breakpoint.  You have to step into or over to get over it ( Resume/F8 doesn't work!!).  I then deinit the re-init the Debug Console to 115200 baud.  Again I hit a __BKPT so I can setup my terminal software to 115200 from 2048 baud.

Regards,

David

piotrek
Contributor III

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply.

In short: I've done a little more searching and have an impression that the PE team by now should be aware about "the issue" for quite a time. Is the issue being addressed?

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The issue has been resolved and the new command "Delete Item" will accessible from the context menu, see the screenshot below. This command will be available in the next release of KSDK 1.1.0 GA SP.

Delete_Item_Clock_Configuration.PNG.png

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Hello Mark,

This is really good news.

Any date for KSDK 1.1.0 GA SP to be released?

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The KSDK 1.1.0 GA SP release is planned in December 2014.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos