Jlink GDB server waiting for connection (KDS MacOS)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jlink GDB server waiting for connection (KDS MacOS)

mr_max
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

Even if already use KDS on a Windows virtual machine, I downloaded and installed KDSv3 for MacOS (I am still running Yosemite). IDE work, it compile and import SDKv2 also very well. But I (and this is why I am here )  cannot launch debugger with JLink because KDS return me errors :

170801_170801.pngCapture d’écran 2016-12-02 à 12.25.26.png

So I take a look in debug configuration and I noticed that C/C++ Application text box have other parameters set by default (see greyed part in the picture below) : 

170802_170802.pngCapture d’écran 2016-12-02 à 12.22.30.png

So I removed the greyed part but the Launching windows stuck at 99% of loading (see picture). I am using JLink EDU version. 

170797_170797.pngCapture d’écran 2016-12-02 à 10.38.19.png

After that, I have to force quit KDS even if I do a cancel request.

Here is what the console returned :

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V5.10n Command Line Version

JLinkARM.dll V5.10n (DLL compiled Feb 19 2016 18:41:43)

-----GDB Server start settings-----
GDBInit file:                  none
GDB Server Listening port:     2331
SWO raw output listening port: 2332
Terminal I/O port:             2332
Accept remote connection:      localhost only
Generate logfile:              off
Verify download:               on
Init regs on start:            on
Silent mode:                   off
Single run mode:               on
Target connection timeout:     0 ms
------J-Link related settings------
J-Link Host interface:         USB
J-Link script:                 none
J-Link settings file:          none
------Target related settings------
Target device:                 MKL17Z256xxx4
Target interface:              SWD
Target interface speed:        1000kHz
Target endian:                 little

Connecting to J-Link...
J-Link is connected.
Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled Sep  1 2016 18:29:50
Hardware: V9.30
S/N: 269306789
OEM: SEGGER-EDU
Feature(s): FlashBP, GDB
Checking target voltage...
Target voltage: 3.29 V
Listening on TCP/IP port 2331
Connecting to target...Connected to target
Waiting for GDB connection...

J-Link is recognized but seem that GDB is waiting for a connection (?)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

mr_max
Contributor IV

I updated my macbook to macOS 10.12 Sierra. And no success ! KDS still stuck at 99% of loading. Pff what a joke ... Maybe I should do a clean install.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

two points I can think of to check:

1. To test if the problem is associated with a specific workspace: create a new workspace, make sure there is no .metadata folder inside. create a new project in this new workspace then test how it works

2. To test if the problem is associated the KDS install files. you already successfully use KDS on another MACOS. copy the KDS install folder from this computer to yours. test how it works.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

mr_max
Contributor IV

Ok, I installed KDS to another Mac (iMac) and it worked like a charm with my FREEDOM boards with and without external SEGGER Jlink debugger.  So there is hope but I cannot figure out why it just don't work on my Macbook. I have copied every debug parameters, variables and path. The only different is OS version : Yosemite on Macbook versus El Capitan on the iMac.

Maybe I should do this update. But before, I am going to back up everything.

Dear litle bug, I don't who you are, I don't what you want, but I will find you ... :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

from the error message, the debugger doesn't find the program file.

in your project debug configuration. the application path definition is abnormal.

pastedImage_1.png

please refer my attached video of how to set project program file.

How it works?

if you still failed to connect, please create a new project with wizard, see if the new created project can be downloaded to flash successfully?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mr_max
Contributor IV

Sorry for late response.

I follow your suggestion, watch the video, create new project using wizard and even change workspace. I still cannot debug my project.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

only the Segger debugger works on MAC OSX. do you use external Jlink emulator or Freedom board Segger OpenOCCD firmware?

when you create a new project with wizard, is the error message the same as the original error message?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mr_max
Contributor IV

Hi,

I use Segger debugger EDU version. Otherwise I just plugged Freedom board (KL25Z or KL43Z). The bootloader of each freedom board have been flashed with jlink.sda file and are recognized as a Jlink device when plugged.  

Yes, the error message are same for both cases.

Actually, I got some hope to work KDS on MacOSX because for some reason Virtual Box with Win7 is very heavy in CPU consumption and disk space. On Parallel Desktop, CPU consumption are way better but for this project I do prefer to have free licence compatibility between different OS's and machines.

0 Kudos